How do I play audiobooks on Apple/iOS devices?
The MP3 file format can be played on all Apple/iOS devices, but the files appear as music instead of as an audibook. You can change the properties of the files and thus make the book appear in the Audiobooks section in iTunes your device. Here are the instructions for iTunes 12 on Windows.
- Import the MP3 files into iTunes.
- Wait a few minutes for iTunes to process the files.
- Select all the files by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on the first file; while holding down the Ctrl key, scroll to highlight all of the files in the audiobook and click the left mouse button to make the selection.
- Right-click on the selected files, then choose Get Info from the popup menu.
- Navigate to the Options tab.
- Under media kind, select Audiobook. (You may also click the buttons for “Remember playback position” and “Skip when shuffling,” but this is not essential.
- Click the OK button.
- The audiobook will now appear in the Audiobooks section of iTunes.