Some features of the www.TrollopeUSA.org website require a free website account, which is available here. A free website account also facilitates checking out when purchasing from the www.TrollopeUSA.org online store and signing up for or renewing a membership.
Please note that the free website account is separate from membership in The Trollope Society and does not reflect membership status in the Society itself.
For events hosted by The Trollope Society, you may purchase tickets and pay by check, PayPal, credit card, or debit card. Please follow these instructions:
- Go to the Events section of the www.TrollopeUSA.org website.
- Select the event you wish to attend.
- Scroll down the page and click the “Order tickets…” link.
- Select the appropriate rate (such as “Member/Guest” or “Student“).
- A box will appear below the Rate where you can enter the number of tickets you wish to purchase. Enter the number, and click the “Add to cart” button.
- The page will refresh; click the “View Cart” button which appears above the event title on the page.
- Review your reservation and make any adjustments necessary, then click the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- If you have previously set up a free www.TrollopeUSA.org website account, you may click the “Click here to login” link at the top of this page to automatically fill in your address. If not, fill in your Billing Details, making sure to complete all fields marked by a red asterisk.
- At the bottom of the checkout page, select whether or not you wish to pay by Check or by Paypal/Credit Card. You do NOT need to have a PayPal account in order to pay by credit card.
- If paying by check, check the “Check Payment” option, then click the “Place Order” button. Note the mailing address to which you should send your check.
- If paying by Paypal or Credit Card, check the PayPal option, then click the “Proceed to PayPal” button.
- You will be taken to the secure PayPal website to complete your payment. Your order summary will appear on the left side of the page. On the right side, click the “Pay with a debit or credit card, or PayPal Credit” link.
- Complete the required payment information for your debt or credit card, then click the Pay button at the bottom of the page to complete your purchase.
- You will be returned to the www.TrollopeUSA.org website. You will receive an email confirmation of your purchase, which you may print and bring with you to the event.
If you have any questions or run into any problems, please contact us.
You may join or renew a membership to The Trollope Society on our website. There are options for single-year and automatically-recurring memberships for individuals, teachers, and students. Payment may be made via check, credit card, or Paypal. Note: Credit card payments are processed via Paypal but do not require a Paypal account.
Our audiobook files are MP3 files that are in a single ZIP archive. This ZIP file will be quite large (as much as 500 mB or larger), so make sure you have enough space on your computer and a relatively-fast Internet connection before you download the file.
Upon the completion of your purchase, you will receive a download link on the order confirmation page, as well as in your email receipt. This link is valid only for you and may not be shared. The link allows you download the file a limited number of times within a limited number of days; once either the time limit or download limit is reached, the link will become inactive.
Once downloaded, you will need to unzip (extract) the files from the ZIP file. Windows and Mac computers can do this using their built in archive features. Store the files in their own folder or directory on your computer. Once extracted, you may delete the ZIP file, or save it as a backup.
The ZIP file includes MP3 files of the audiobook. These are broken down by chapter, with longer chapters broken down into two or more parts for convenience in navigating the book on your device.
The ZIP file also includes a M3U file. This is a playlist file that can be read by Windows Media Player and other audio players.
Finally, a PDF is provided with the cover art and credits for the audiobook version.
The MP3 file format can be played on all Apple/iOS devices, but the files appear as music instead of as an audibook. You can change the properties of the files and thus make the book appear in the Audiobooks section in iTunes your device. Here are the instructions for iTunes 12 on Windows.
- Import the MP3 files into iTunes.
- Wait a few minutes for iTunes to process the files.
- Select all the files by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on the first file; while holding down the Ctrl key, scroll to highlight all of the files in the audiobook and click the left mouse button to make the selection.
- Right-click on the selected files, then choose Get Info from the popup menu.
- Navigate to the Options tab.
- Under media kind, select Audiobook. (You may also click the buttons for “Remember playback position” and “Skip when shuffling,” but this is not essential.
- Click the OK button.
- The audiobook will now appear in the Audiobooks section of iTunes.