Lectures and Media
Here may be found texts of lectures delivered to members of The Trollope Society at past events. For those texts indicated as PDFs, please right-click on the document links to save them to your computer and read in any PDF reader software program.
- “‘I Run After Units’: Returning to Trollope Country.” Presented by John Wirenius, Author of Phineas at Bay, at The Trollope Society’s 2015 Annual Dinner, May 18, 2015.
- “Civil Combat in The Eustace Diamonds: Social Status, Property, and the Law.” Presented by Andrew Lallier, University of Tennessee, at The Trollope Society’s 2014 Annual Lecture.
- “The Trollope Society in the 21st Century.” Presented by Michael G. Williamson, JP, DL, Chairman of the London Trollope Society at The Trollope Society’s 2014 Annual Dinner, May 8, 2014.
- “The Past, Present, and Future of The Trollope Society.” Presented by Randolph Williams, President of The Trollope Society (USA) at The Trollope Society’s 2014 Annual Dinner, May 8, 2014.
- “Faults, Rights, and History: Anthony Trollope’s He Knew He Was Right and Frances Trollope’s One Fault” (PDF). Presented by Professor Elsie Michie of Louisiana State University at The Trollope Society’s 2014 Annual Reception, January 30, 2014.
- “Lily, Glencora, Ayala and Isabel: Female Desire and Women’s Rights in Anthony Trollope’s Novels“ (PDF). Presented by Professor Deborah Denenholz Morse of William & Mary College at The Trollope Society’s 2013 Annual Dinner, May 29, 2013.
- “La Vendée, Trollope’s Early Novel of Counterrevolution and Reform” (PDF). Presented by Professor Nicholas Birns of The New School at The Trollope Society’s 2013 Annual Winter Reception, February 21, 2013.